create a fully-realized business plan
meet with like-minded entrepreneurs
develop a plan that leads to growth
What Is LEADING EDGE?
LEADING EDGE™ is Colorado’s premier business planning program that addresses the questions every entrepreneur must answer to reach their dreams of growing their business or launching a new business. LEADING EDGE™ is now being offered as a series of webinars and includes at least two one-on-one virtual consultations to review the components of the course assignments, from marketing to financial projections.
Participants learn how to analyze economic opportunities and risk for their business and create an actionable strategic business plan based on proven market research and management techniques. LEADING EDGE™ courses are interactive, which ensures the flow of information not just from the instructor, but between participants as well. If you’re in a rush and need a short flexible business plan right away, consider taking the LEADING EDGE™ series — for existing businesses, start-ups in English and Spanish, as well as series for home-based child care business training, also in English and Spanish.
Learn More! Outcomes Of the Program
- Develop a clear vision for your business
- Learn from other entrepreneurs
- Receive one-on-one virtual consulting support to help you complete a short flexible business plan
- Discover tools and resources to help you launch and grow your business
- Discuss funding options
Criteria for Certificates of Graduation
- Attend all webinars in the series
- Complete a short business plan that includes market research, marketing strategies and cash flow projections, OR, complete the business model canvas.
On occasion, a scholarship opportunity may become available through our partnering organizations for businesses who meet the qualifications:
Note that Englewood is offering a potential Small Business Training Scholarship to Englewood businesses. Please supply the scholarship application and a letter to Englewood stating how this grant will be of assistance to you, and Englewood’s Economic Development Manager will review the application. The scholarship is on a reimbursement basis from the City of Englewood.
Email the application and any questions directly to Englewood’s Community Development office at dhollingsworth@Englewoodco.gov.
Tuesdays, March 9-30
6PM - 9PM
a four-part webinar series
Cash Flow Essentials
Business Plan Essentials
Sort by topic “Start-Up” at the link below (or by month)
¿Qué necesito para empezar mi negocio? (partes 1-3)
3, 10, 17 de febrero
4PM – 7PM | $150/person
• Identificar tipos de clientes y sus preferencias de compra
• Identificar recursos, actividades comerciales y conexiones esenciales
• Identificar costos, fuentes de ingresos y ventas
Strategic Planning Series
Fridays, April 23 - May 14
9:00 - 11:30 AM
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
§ Businesses in operation 2+ years
§ Entrepreneurs who want to grow and find new clients.
§ Ideal webinar if you need to pivot your business during the COVID.
Entrenamiento para negocios de cuidado de niños basados en casa
7 de abril – 12 de mayo
(6 partes), 6:00-8:30 PM
– Establecerá su modelo de Negocio
– Aprenderá a maximizar sus ingresos
– Entenderá sus Costos y aprenderá a minimizar sus gastos
– Entenderá como a utilizar los medios sociales para promocionar su negocio