The solicitation may:
* Appear similar to a government form.
* Contain your business entity’s actual business ID number and date of formation, as reflected in the Secretary of State’s business records.
* Contain a “Customer ID Number” that does not match a number given to you by a State or Federal Agency.
* Contain a warning to make sure that the form’s instructions are followed exactly when completing the form.
* Contain a due date for your response.
In order to receive advance notice of when Periodic Reports, Trademark renewals, or Trade Name renewals are due, business owners can sign up online for free Email Notifications. Additionally, business owners can visit the Secretary of State’s site to verify their business status, file a form or obtain a free certification.