The BizBeat is the Aurora-South Metro SBDC’s e-newsletter. If you ever want to check back to take a peek at some of the stories and resource links, just hover over the Blog tab on the menu bar and click on BizBeat. The BizBeat is intended to provide you with current resources and updates on small business information and news, from funding to training opportunities, success stories, consulting expertise and more! To be added to the BizBeat e-list, just send a quick email to info@Aurora-SouthMetroSBDC.com. You may opt out at any time.
The annual Englewood Small Business Resource Expo, coming up Wed., Sept. 22nd, 8:30-9:30 AM, is abbreviated this year and virtual, and will provide you with an update on the following small business resources:
– Welcome – – Mayor Linda Olson, City of Englewood
– Greater Englewood Chamber Overview – David Carroll, Executive Director
– Englewood Economic Development Overview
– Darren Hollingsworth, Economic Development Manager, City of Englewood
– Aurora-South Metro SBDC Overview – Marcia McGilley, Executive Director
– Client Testimonial/Guest Speaker – Beth Ginsberg, Trompeau Bakery
– SBA Overview: U.S. Small Business Administration, Colorado District Office
– David Benavides, Lender Relations Specialist
– Funding Resource Partner Overview: Colorado Enterprise Fund
– Stefanie Fox, Community Lending Officer
– Manufacturer’s Edge – Deborah Kerrigan, Regional Director
Join us by pre-registering and receive the Zoom instructions: https://bit.ly/3x8hKxy.
Douglas County is host to this Small Business Expo, a resource and economic update in conjunction with Arapahoe/Douglas Works! and the Aurora-South Metro Small Business Development Center (SBDC). Hear from the U.S. Small Business Administration Colorado District Office, small business lenders and several small business programs on Monday, February 22nd, 1PM – 2PM
Keynote Speaker: Patrick Holwell, Arapahoe/Douglas Works!
“The State of the Douglas County Economy”
Receive up-to-date information on helpful resources to support small businesses:
Informational Breakout Sessions:
1. Douglas County Programs:
The 5 Star program, small business relief grant and library business resources
2. Resiliency Resources for Small Businesses:
Topics to be covered: free and confidential one-on-one consulting, business educational webinars, the Connect2DOT program and services, Colorado Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) services and Manufacturers Edge.
3. Workforce Development Services For Employers:
Topic: Workforce services to help improve talent pipeline
4. Lending Options for Small Businesses:
Topics to be covered: SBA Loans, the Paycheck Protection Program, SBA EIDL disaster loans, community nonprofit lending options, KIVA lending and other alternative sources of financing.
Kiva is a non-profit that expands access to capital for entrepreneurs around the world. More than 2.5 million people have raised over $1 billion on Kiva. Could you be next?
* Up to $15,000 at 0% interest, no fees
* Free marketing and new customers
* A great resource for start-ups AND existing, sophisticated businesses.
Especially during the time of COVID-19, businesses are using Kiva as emergency financing.
Enjoy learning about Kiva over lunch on Monday, December 7th, 12PM.
Register here for all the details.
Learn about the process from Rachael Sall, Kiva Hub Capital Access Manager with Colorado Lending Source: Hailing from a small business lending background, Rachael found her passion working with underserved communities in the area. Rachael works directly with diverse small business clients and tackles barriers to capital. She helps entrepreneurs prepare for the lending process and manages Colorado’s first Kiva Hub in partnership with Colorado Lending Source.