An Attractive Offer for Business Compliance in Colorado
Greetings from the Division of Professions and Occupations:
Every business offering barbering, cosmetology, hairstyling, esthetician, or nail technician services must be registered in Colorado, in addition to individual licensure requirements required to work at these businesses. Towards that end, the Office of Barber and Cosmetology Licensure currently is offering a one-time opportunity to ensure compliance to unregistered businesses across the state.
From Oct. 1, 2018 through Nov. 30, 2018, any unregistered business currently providing barbering, cosmetology, hairstyling, esthetician, or nail technician services can register without penalty. Any accumulated penalties will be waived.
This grace period applies only to business registrations and is available regardless of length of time or reason for not previously registering. It’s applicable to any unregistered businesses offering barbering, cosmetology, hairstyling, esthetician, and nail technician services.
The process to register your business is quick and easy
- First, look up your registration to see if your place of business is registered
- If the registration says ACTIVE with an expiration date of Nov. 30, 2019, no further action is necessary.
- If no record is found online, or you never have held a registration, you must apply for a new registration by completing an original registration application through the online portal.
- If the registration status is expired, you must complete a reinstatement application.
- All applications require the name and physical address of the business, as well as the business owner’s Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN).
Permanent, temporary, mobile and home-based businesses all need to register with the Office of Barber and Cosmetology Licensure. Licensees providing services in a client’s residence or a client’s place of work do not require a registration.
Only one registration is required for places of business where multiple licensees are operating individual booths or other rented space under a single business entity.
Operating without a registration normally results in discipline and fines from the Division. To avoid fines, unregistered businesses should take advantage of this short-term grace period.
Please visit www.Colorado.gov/DORA/BarCosReg for full details, or reach us by phone at (303) 894.7800 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns. And thank you for your assistance in ensuring that our registry accurately reflects all the barber and beauty related businesses registered in the state.